|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2018-07-19 05:36 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006590||Dwarf Fortress||Dwarf Mode -- Interface, Designations||public||2014-07-08 00:08||2014-07-29 11:46|
|Assigned To||Toady One|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.40.06|
|Summary||0006590: Root Mining Designation Not Graphically Noted|
|Description||When you designate a miner to dig up a root, it does not change colors to show that it has been designated. It will flash when someone is headed over, but there's no way to tell whether you've ordered it to be dug up until you see if anyone tries to actually do so.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Start up a fortress|
2) Designate a portion of area to be dug up, including a root
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Ordinary brown roots don't visibly change, anyway. The white roots of a feather tree change to brown when designated, though.|
I am cross-posting this from bug 0006749, because the same save file and process demonstrates bug 0006590:
I can reproduce the bug as originally described. I have created a save file for convenience, though I don't think it is specific to any save file.
Debian Wheezy 7.5
Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 <POUND>1 SMP Debian 3.2.57-3+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
1) Fresh unpack of Dwarf Fortress 0.40.02 SDL from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_40_02_linux.tar.bz2 [^] [^]
2) Fresh unpack of bug6749.zip from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8894 [^] [^]
3) Press ESC 3 times (to get past intro), then choose "Continue Playing."
4) Load region "bug6749"
5) Center on the miner.
6) Unpause, then watch as the root is dug out (already designated, though not visibly indicated), then the entire tree vanishes, and the roots turn into Silty Clay Loam Wall!
Also, same results with Windows 7 Pro SP1 32bit, updates current.
|2014-07-08 00:08||XxoriginxX||New Issue|
|2014-07-08 01:50||Malicus||Note Added: 0024967|
|2014-07-09 08:59||Footkerchief||Relationship added||related to 0006749|
|2014-07-11 11:52||Footkerchief||Relationship added||related to 0007071|
|2014-07-11 18:53||scriberman||Issue Monitored: scriberman|
|2014-07-11 23:15||scriberman||Note Added: 0025945|
|2014-07-29 11:46||Toady One||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-07-29 11:46||Toady One||Fixed in Version||=> Next Version|
|2014-07-29 11:46||Toady One||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-07-29 11:46||Toady One||Assigned To||=> Toady One|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|