|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2022-08-10 16:18 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0009727||Dwarf Fortress||Legends Mode -- Historical Figures||public||2016-05-06 08:55||2020-08-22 13:53|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0009727: Erroneus Legends Information with Regards to Destruction of Masterworks|
|Description||So demons attacked and destroyed a lot of my forts items via fire.|
But then I checked legends mode and it says a hydra who was otherwise inactive for about 200 years prior had destroyed a masterwork item in my fort (during the same time of the demon assault -- and specifically at my fort.
Also, a hydra never visited my fort in the first place.
Additionally listed in similar respects to the hydra are unknown creatures. I'm not sure if this is also a bug or refers to the demons.
Dragons and bronze colossi, etc. also seemed to be listed as destroyers of various wooden items. My guess is that the fire destroying it doesn't have a proper value for the "destroyer" so it's taking the value from somewhere incorrectly.
Another thing to note is that wooden items are sometimes said to have been destroyed by melting.
|"Melting" seems to be the default form of destruction (0009605); it would perhaps be useful to set the default to something like "destroyed mysteriously" to catch cases where destruction is not being recorded correctly.|
edited on: 2020-08-21 11:30
A recent DFHack bug report (https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1629 [^]) revealed that "masterpiece lost" events all had nonsense values for the "histfig" field, so I did a bit of disassembly diving and determined that this field is not being initialized to -1 as it's supposed to; instead, it typically ends up with a value of zero (which causes the event to be attributed to the first histfig in the world) or a totally random value, presumably depending on how long the game's been running.
I've confirmed that this problem dates back to at least version 0.28.181.40d, and likely all the way back to version 0.27.176.38a when this history event was first introduced.
For what it's worth, the "site" field isn't being initialized either, which could result in garbage being reported for masterworks destroyed out in the wilderness; similarly, the "destruction type" field is also uninitialized in most scenarios, which might explain the above-mentioned incidents of items being erroneously reported as having "melted".
|2016-05-06 08:55||Hinaichigo||New Issue|
|2016-05-06 09:14||Hinaichigo||Note Added: 0035088|
|2016-07-17 19:15||Loci||Note Added: 0035644|
|2016-07-30 14:15||Loci||Relationship added||parent of 0006445|
|2016-07-30 14:17||Loci||Relationship added||parent of 0004740|
|2020-08-21 10:41||Quietust||Note Added: 0040697|
|2020-08-21 10:41||Quietust||Note Edited: 0040697||View Revisions|
|2020-08-21 10:44||Quietust||Note Edited: 0040697||View Revisions|
|2020-08-21 11:28||Quietust||Note Edited: 0040697||View Revisions|
|2020-08-21 11:30||Quietust||Note Edited: 0040697||View Revisions|
|2020-08-22 13:53||lethosor||Assigned To||=> lethosor|
|2020-08-22 13:53||lethosor||Status||new => confirmed|
|2020-08-22 13:53||lethosor||Tag Attached: 0.47.04|
|2020-08-22 13:54||lethosor||Relationship replaced||has duplicate 0004740|
|2020-08-22 13:56||lethosor||Relationship replaced||has duplicate 0006445|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2010 MantisBT Group|