Dwarf Fortress Bug Tracker - Dwarf Fortress
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003765||Dwarf Fortress||Dwarf Mode -- Items||public||2010-12-01 17:51||2010-12-02 07:59|
|Reporter||Ogg the Blinky Sock|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Platform||iMac Intel||OS||OS X w/Wine||OS Version||10.6.5|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003765: Rushing floodwaters in charnel cavern make bodies & parts disappear, cause weird dwarf idling.|
|Description||(1) When sudden rapid flooding disturbs bodies & body parts within a refuse stockpile (set for those items only), most of the bodies and body parts thus affected seem to vanish rather than being pushed downstream. Their location can be found on the map if sought for from the 'Stocks' page, but they will not appear on the map, and they not be listed as present upon examination using the 'Look Around' mode.|
(2) These items will re-appear when a dwarf picks them up in order to place them 'back' into a refuse stockpile. I do not presently know if they would have re-appeared when the square they were in cleared of water. I believe that they are re-appearing in their original square, with respect to the map; however, they are not treated as being in a refuse stockpile at that location.
(3) This water/stockpile situation was occurring in a forbidden cavern. As soon as the waters in this cavern receded enough to be fordable by dwarves, significant numbers of dwarves began to idle rather than haul items which needed dumping. As soon as the entrance to the cavern was unlocked, the idling dwarves stopped idling and ran to 'recover' the flood-displaced remains.
(The implication of this is that they were unable to cancel or ignore the task, even though there was no path to the putative location of the item.)
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Dig long cavern near & beneath large water supply.|
2. Construct at least four flood-gated water sources emptying into one end of the cavern. These must be controlled from outside of the cavern.
3. Construct continual automatic pump at the other end, leading to useful water disposal such as aquifer.
4. Designate large refuse stockpile in cavern.
5. Fill with bodies & body parts, greatly decayed, of many enemies.
6. Lock entry door/hatch and turn on water until cavern fills.
7. Turn off water.
8. Look for bodies & body parts; notice that many are missing.
8. Wait until water recedes enough for dwarves to believe they can walk through it.
9. Observe idling behaviour.
10. Unlock door.
11. Observe magic item recovery effect.
|Additional Information||I suspect that such agitation may separate bones from decayed flesh, avoiding the new need to otherwise use butcher shops to do so, and allowing dwarves to continue fine tradition of carving ammunition out of the bones of their enemies and various innocent passers-by killed by those enemies.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|2010-12-01 17:51||Ogg the Blinky Sock||New Issue|
|2010-12-01 19:51||Quietust||Note Added: 0014356|
|2010-12-01 19:51||Quietust||Note Edited: 0014356||bug_revision_view_page.php?bugnote_id=0014356#r5465|
|2010-12-02 07:57||Footkerchief||Relationship added||duplicate of 0000895|
|2010-12-02 07:57||Footkerchief||Status||new => resolved|
|2010-12-02 07:57||Footkerchief||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2010-12-02 07:57||Footkerchief||Assigned To||=> Footkerchief|
|2010-12-02 07:57||Footkerchief||Relationship added||duplicate of 0001173|
|2010-12-02 07:59||Footkerchief||Note Added: 0014364|