Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress
Copyright (C) 2002-2009, Tarn Adams
- Core1, WRESTLING, Completed: Introduce close combat with various manuevers.
- Core2, ADVENTURER EATING AND DRINKING, Completed: Start the adventurer with food and allow them to eat and drink.
- Core3, CARAVANS, (Future): Use resource tracking and the adventurer travel infrastructure to set up groups of traders that go between sites. Make sure to respect the current flow of the dwarf game, though caravans will no longer be 'generated' when needed. Related to entity knowledge transfer if we are there by this time. The trading done by caravans would interface with the resource tracking system and thus be immediately available to adventurers. This includes items traded away by your dwarf fortress, although it's possible they could be abstracted a bit if they are too numerous. Requires Core38.
- Core4, GROUND INTERACTIONS, Completed: Introduce adventurer interacting with the environment.
- Core5, ADVENTURER TRAVEL, Completed: Allow the adventurer and companions to travel between sites on the world map.
- Core6, BASIC ADVENTURER ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS, Completed: Things like rain, snow, temperature, sunlight. No temperature or local lighting effects yet.
- Core7, CONVERSATIONS, Completed: Add the ability to talk to other creatures in adventure mode.
- Core8, ADVENTURER SHOPS, Completed: Basic buying and selling of objects in adventure mode.
- Core9, TOWNS, Completed: Add basic town maps to adventure mode, making use of the Z coordinate to do basements and second stories.
- Core10, OO CODE UPDATE, Completed: Update all of the major code objects to C++.
- Core11, ENEMY PETS, (Future): Can give the leaders creatures depending on their personal likes, race, the entity definition and the local available wilderness populations. These pets can have names and profiles like regular creatures. Can co-opt some of the behavior from dwarven pet owners.
- Core12, END GAME, Completed: Handled dwarf mode end game.
- Core13, BEAST ATTACKS, Completed: Have the larger beasts that live in the caves attack your fortress during dwarf mode.
- Core14, FIRE, Completed: Have items catch on fire. Fire spreads. Trees outside can catch fire. Creatures catch on fire when appropriate. Items become damaged. Very hot metal objects can melt, and they can melt over characters carrying them, using the same "contaminant" system that currently handles poison injections.
- Core15, PRESENTATION OF ENEMY LEADERS AND OTHER IMPORTANT FIGURES, (Future): Enemy leader play an important part in creating a story around otherwise by-the-numbers conflicts that can occur, so the leaders can afford to be presented in such a way that you as the player can learn something about their background, motivations and appearance without digging around in the legends screen. There can be a variety of mechanisms for this. Diplomats and others that visit your fortress could afford the same treatment, as well as the people you talk to and about in adventure mode conversations, etc.
- Core16, END GAME 2, Completed: Additional dwarf mode end game.
- Core17, LEGENDS, Completed: Introduce the legends screen, historical events and historical figures.
- Core18, INTERFACE KEYS, Completed: Put the interface keys in editable files.
- Core19, TUTORIALS, (Future): Set up small tutorial files that you can load up. These would have text instructions and little activities for you to do so you can learn how to play more easily.
- Core20, TITLE MOVIES, Completed: Do the intro movies with sound.
REQUIRED THINGS, OLD BUGS AND PRIORITY REQUESTS: